This dialogue took place on May 3 and 4 in Dharamsala India. It was arranged with the support of our Center. Leading Russian scientists took part in it. We are publishing the videos of this dialogue. Later, there will be published a report with the analysis of that event.
1. Anokhin K. – Corresponding member. RAS Ph.D. Director of the Center for Neuroscience and Cognitive Sciences, Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov. Lomonosov
2. Balaban P. – Corresponding member. RAS Director of the Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
3. Volkov D. – Ph.D. co-director of the Moscow Center for Consciousness Studies
4. Dubrovsky D. – Ph.D. Leading Researcher, Institute of Philosophy, RAS
5. Kaplan A. – Doctor of biological science. Head of the Laboratory of Neurophysiology and Neuro-Computer Interfaces of Moscow State University
6. Lysenko V. – Doctor of Philology. Head of the Eastern Philosophy Sector of the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
7. Medvedev S. – Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, leading researcher of the Institute of the Human Brain of the RAS
8. Rogayev E. – Doctor of biological science. Director of the Center for Genetics and Genetic Technologies of Moscow State University
9. Terentyev A. – Candidate of History State Museum of the History of Religion
10. Jankowski N. – Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences. scientific director of the Institute of General Genetics named after RAS
The Moscow Center for Consciousness Studies (MCCS) is hosting a summer school on June 23d – July 1st, 2018, which will be devoted to the problem of Personal Identity. This year summer school will be led by philosopher Prof. Richard Swinburne of the University of Oxford.
June 11-24 we held a summer school “Free will and consciousness” in Riga. Here you’ll find a report about this event written by Anton Kuznetsov
Philosophers and theologians from Russia, Great Britain, the United States and other countries open a philosophy school in Malta to answer questions about how a person remains the same in his or her life, whether reincarnation, the preservation of the person after death, its existence in a mechanical body and what role in this play soul and God.
The President of Malta Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca invited the professors and participants of the international summer school “Personal Identity” of the Moscow Center for Consciousness Studies to her official residence in the San Anton Palace, to hold a discussion on the personal identity problem./lang_en]
Read a big material about the second dialogue of leading Russian scientists and philosophers with the Dalai Lama and Buddhist monks “Discovering the World”. This dialogue was held with the support of our Center in May 2018.
We’ve finished our big project of translation selected entries from Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. It’s done by the support of the John Templeton Foundation.
The seminar has been devoted to the book of the distinguished Oxford philosopher Richard Swinburne “Mind, Brain and Free Will”. Swinburn takes an unpopular position for nowdays, defending the substance dualism and proving the existence not only of the soul, but of God. His ideas do not find wide support among the staff of the Center, nevertheless, we consider it important to discuss those views that do not evoke agreement. This is one of the most important foundations of scientific dialogue.